Strong leadership is the single most important factor in business survival. You know this. You also know you want to provide better leadership. The problem is not the why but the how. Sometimes the only way to make something happen is to make a commitment.
Commit six months to closing the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
The IMI Diploma in Leadership is the IMI’s flagship leadership development programme. It takes place in three-day bursts every month for six months.
What will it do for me?
By enhancing your practical leadership skills, awareness and judgement, you will dramatically enhance your personal impact and influence. You will become a more confident, well-rounded and inspirational leader, capable of handling the challenges of the current environment and ready to step up to the next level in your career development.
By completing the IMI Diploma in Leadership you will:
- Develop and apply a comprehensive toolkit of best-practice leadership techniques
- Formulate a comprehensive range of practical recommendations for developing best-practice leadership throughout your business
- Undertake a personal journey – developing a detailed understanding of your leadership style and development areas and enhancing your capabilities
- Analyse how your personal leadership style matches the needs and demands of your business
- Critically analyse and subsequently impact the leadership culture, processes, and needs of your business
What is it?
The IMI Diploma in Leadership is a nationally accredited and internationally recognised postgraduate programme at Level 9 of the National Framework of Qualifications.
Look forward to:
- An 18-day taught programme delivered three days per month over six months covering six modules:
- The Meaning of Leadership
- The Psychology of Leadership
- Leadership Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Leading Teams in a Global Economy
- Leading Change
- Leadership in Action
Successful participants will be awarded both the IMI Diploma in Leadership and the UCC Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership.
The Postgraduate Certificate qualification is accredited and awarded by University College Cork and is a Level 9, Minor Award in the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
By completing this programme you will also earn one third of the credits required to be awarded the Master of Business qualification.
For sixty years IMI has pioneered the development of executive education in Ireland. Thousands of senior executives attend developmental programmes at IMI annually, ranging from NFQ level 9 Masters and Diploma qualifications to one- and two-day master classes. Programme participants reflect the full spectrum of Irish industry, from the smallest micro-organisations to the world’s largest multinationals. Common to all IMI programmes is the translation of academic best practice to real-world solutions for practising managers.
Who is it for?
- Experienced business owners and managers
- Experienced functional specialists
- Executives who intend to develop professional careers in management
How much does it cost?
The subsidised cost of the programme is €3,000 per person. This rate is available to SMEs only, i.e. companies in Ireland that employ fewer than 250 employees.
The includes all training, course materials, tutor support, assessment, certification, lunches and refreshments.
Are you interested?
If you would like to speak to the programme manager to request more information, simply contact us via the details below or fill out the Enquire Now Form at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to formally apply for the course immediately, you can do so by clicking here to download the Application Form and follow the instructions to submit.
Programme Manager Details:
Brian Colleran, Business Development Manager
+353 87 292 8900