Why Clear Customs Training?
Continued uncertainty around Brexit has highlighted the importance of capacity-building in the customs intermediary sector and boosting ‘in-house’ customs capacity amongst business that are regularly trading with the UK.
Delays at customs due to incorrect or inaccurate declarations can result in disruption to both business and customers. For the customs intermediary sector, and other businesses, taking steps now to train key staff on how to effectively complete a customs declaration helps pre-empt Brexit related customs challenges.
Supported by Getting Ireland Brexit Ready, the Clear Customs free training initiative is delivered through CILT Skillnet at several training locations nationwide.
In partnership with:
Who is this for?
Will you need to expand your team and train more staff? If so, avail of the Clear Customs training for your staff and new recruits
Are you currently exporting/importing significant levels of goods to/from the UK? Do you need to increase your ‘in-house’ capacity to process additional customs declarations?
Planning on exporting/importing?
Is your business planning for a significant level of trade to/from the UK? Are you looking to develop an ‘in-house’ capacity to process customs declarations?
Involved in Logistics?
Are you moving goods into or through the UK? Do you need to upskill your team to support clients in completing customs procedures correctly?
Clear Customs Training Overview
Clear Customs offers immediate and free customs training to customs intermediaries and to businesses who frequently trade with or through the UK.
- Free training programme
- 5-7 days of instructor-led training
- Delivered at locations nationwide
- Training provided via the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Skillnet
In order to ensure your business is Brexit ready, please register your interest in Clear Customs training now with CILT Skillnet.
What Skills Will I Learn?
The capability to complete import/export declarations via Customs Clearance Software
The documentation requirements of the exporter/importer and an understanding where these fit within the customs clearance chain
Develop an understanding of transit procedures (for using UK as third country land bridge)
Learn about valuation and its relevance for completing customs declarations
Develop knowledge of origin and its relevance for completing customs declarations
Learn about the specific procedures unique to individual sectors
Financial Incentive of up to €6,000
In addition to the free Clear Customs training, eligible businesses can register an expression of interest for a Clear Customs Financial Support payment of up to €6,000 per employee that completes the training programme, *up to maximum of 10 employees per company. This payment is subject to terms and conditions and will be made available to eligible businesses that newly invest in staffing and other costs associated with managing customs compliance. Expressions of interest in this payment must be made via the form below by 20th September 2019.
Criteria for eligibility
Eligible company criteria
An eligible company:
- must have an EORI number from Revenue
- must have a CRO number and be incorporated in the Republic of Ireland at the time of application
- are providing freight, haulage, logistics services to, from or through the UK, or
- are providing customs intermediary services or
- are currently directly engaged in the import/ export, or are facilitating the import/export, of goods to, from, or through the UK and which will require new or increased customs clearance capacity
Eligible employee criteria
An eligible employee:
- is an employee of an eligible company at the time of application to the Skillnet Ireland training programme
- is based in Ireland
- has completed/is registered to complete the CILT Skillnet training programme
- is/will be engaged in customs clearance activities
left to register your interest for €6,000 Clear Customs Financial Support scheme
Expressions of Interest for Clear Customs training are still open.
Please note that due to high demand all planned courses are currently at full capacity.
Businesses that register their interest will be added to our wait list and we will endeavour to make training available as soon as possible.