Engineering Skillnet is a business network for all companies of all sizes in the engineering sector including automotive, aviation, energy and environment, construction, agriculture as well as core elements of the sub supply sectors including machinery, equipment, paper, printing and fabricated products.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth of member companies by enhancing industry specific skills and knowledge, broadening access to skills development opportunities and encouraging ongoing professional development.
Engineering Skillnet is promoted by Ibec Engineering Network, an Ibec business network. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the engineering sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Businesses
• Assisting businesses to identify current and future skills gaps
• Developing quality programmes to enhance employee skills and help companies remain competitive
• Achieving value for money for industry specific training programmes
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Provide certified and non-certified programmes at a subsidised rate
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events.