Aviation Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes in the aviation and aerospace in sector Ireland. Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needed within the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The global aviation sector is a dynamic one, and the skills required for the industry are always evolving. Responding to this need for upskilling is the Aviation Skillnet – specialised, dedicated training for companies of all sizes in the aviation and aerospace sector. In addition, Aviation Skillnet supports the sector in maintaining and enhancing Ireland’s position in aviation, investing in future research in sustainability, women in aviation, D&I, digitalisation and innovation.
The funded training offered acts as a key driver of the success of the sector through the knowledge, expertise and innovation of those employed within the industry. We are dedicated to continually build on this – to further develop the breadth and depth of expertise available and continue our global competitiveness.
Aviation Skillnet is promoted by the Irish Centre for Business Excellence (ICBE).
Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the aviation and aerospace sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events