Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability.
The scheme commits FOI bodies to make information available as part of their normal business activities in accordance with the scheme.
You will find the Skillnet Ireland’s FOI Publication Scheme below. Click on a link to access further information.
Skillnet Ireland FOI Publication Scheme
- Information about Skillnet Ireland
- Services provided or To Be Provided to the Public
- Decision Making Process for Major Policy Proposals
- Financial Information
- Procurement Information
- FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information
- Access to Information on the Environment (AIE)
- Re-use of Public Sector Information
- EU State Aid
If the information you are looking for is not available, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01 207 9630.
For further information on how you can make an FOI request to Skillnet Ireland, click on the link below:
How to access records held by Skillnet Ireland
Background to the FOI Publication Scheme
The Skillnet Ireland FOI Publication Scheme is compiled in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, provides that every person has:
- a legal right for each person to access records held by public bodies
- a legal right for each person to have official information relating to him/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- a legal right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting oneself
The FOI Act asserts the right of members of the public to obtain access to official information to the greatest extent possible consistent with the public interest and the right to privacy of individuals. The FOI Act is designed to allow public access to information held by public bodies that is not routinely available through other sources (e.g., via publication or on the internet). Access to records under the FOI Act is subject to certain exemptions, involves specific procedures and time limits, and may involve charges to the enquirer.