Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability.
The scheme commits FOI bodies to make information available as part of their normal business activities in accordance with the scheme.
You will find the Skillnet Ireland’s FOI Publication Scheme below. Click on a link to access further information.
If the information you are looking for is not available, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 01 207 9630.
Skillnet Ireland FOI Publication Scheme
- Information about Skillnet Ireland
- Services provided or To Be Provided to the Public
- Decision Making Process for Major Policy Proposals
- Financial Information
- Procurement Information
- FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information
- Access to Information on the Environment (AIE)
- Re-use of Public Sector Information
Background to the FOI Publication Scheme
The Skillnet Ireland FOI Publication Scheme is compiled in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, effective from 21st April 1998, established three new statutory rights:
- a legal right for each person to access records held by public bodies
- a legal right for each person to have official information relating to him/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- a legal right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting oneself
The FOI Act asserts the right of members of the public to obtain access to official information to the greatest extent possible consistent with the public interest and the right to privacy of individuals. The FOI Act is designed to allow public access to information held by public bodies that is not routinely available through other sources (e.g. via publication or on the internet). Access to records under the FOI Act is subject to certain exemptions, involves specific procedures and time limits, and may involve charges to the enquirer.
Further information may be found in our FOI Reference Manual, which you can download by clicking here.