Macra Agricultural Skillnet is a business network for farmers and the agribusiness sector.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to enhance farm productivity, efficiency and sustainability through the provision of relevant, practical training to young farmers and others employed in the wider agricultural sector.
Macra Agricultural Skillnet is promoted by Macra na Feirme. Membership of the network is open to young farmers and private enterprises in the agribusiness sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist farmers to identify and address their skills needs
• Providing practical solutions around recruiting and retaining staff
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events