The Leisure, Health & Fitness Skillnet is a business network for all organisations in the leisure, health & fitness sector.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth of Ireland’s leisure, health & fitness industry. The network will develop a strong talent pipeline and therefore enhance the specialised knowledge and skills that currently exist within the industry.
The Leisure, Health & Fitness Skillnet is promoted by Ireland Active, the Leisure, Health & Fitness Association. Membership of the network is open to current Ireland Active members and members of the REPs Ireland register.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Certified and non-certified training
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events