itag Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes in the technology sector in the West, North West and Mid West Regions.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this network is to support the growth of the technology sector in the West of Ireland, by developing a strong talent base and by enhancing the specialised knowledge and skills that exist within the sector and region.
itag Skillnet is promoted by Information Technology Association of Galway. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the technology sector in the West, North West and Mid West Regions.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Leadership programmes for business owners and executives.
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events