Irish Hotels Federation Skillnet is a national business network for hotels and guesthouses of all sizes in Ireland.
The network works collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of the members.
The objective of this national network is to support Irish hotels and guesthouses by enhancing industry specific skills and knowledge, broadening access to skills development opportunities and encouraging ongoing professional development.
Irish Hotels Federation Skillnet is promoted by the Irish Hotels Federation. Membership of the network is open to hotels and guesthouses in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Business
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Leadership programmes for business owners and executives
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of hotels and guesthouses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events