ICOS Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes in the co-operative and agri-business sectors.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of these sectors. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth, competitiveness and sustainability of Ireland’s co-operative and agri-business sectors by enhancing specialised skills and knowledge within these sectors.
ICOS Skillnet is promoted by the Irish Co-operative Organisation Society (ICOS). Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the cooperative and agri-business sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events