Green Tech Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes in the renewable energy and green technology sectors. Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
Reflecting the diversification of Irelands energy system and with an overarching responsibility to EU targets and the mitigation of climate change, the Green Tech Network will support the optimisation of renewables on the Irish grid in the short, medium and long term through learning and development initiatives. In this regard, the Network aims to deliver impactful training and networking events to a growing workforce, facilitate thought-leaders within the renewables sector whilst contributing to Ireland’s deep decarbonisation and energy transition.
Green Tech Skillnet is promoted by Wind Energy Ireland (WEI), the representative body for the Irish wind industry, working to promote wind energy as an essential, economical and environmentally friendly part of the country’s low-carbon energy future.
Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the renewable energy and green technology sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Businesses
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events