Food Drink Ireland Skillnet is a learning network for companies of all sizes in the food and drink sector.
Member companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth of Ireland’s food and drink industry by developing a strong talent pipeline and enhancing the specialised knowledge and skills that exist within the industry.
Food Drink Ireland Skillnet is promoted by Food Drink Ireland, an Ibec business association. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the food and drink sectors based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Leadership programmes for business owners and executives.
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events