First Polymer Training Skillnet is a learning network for companies of all sizes in the polymer processing sector. The network also supports the use of polymer technologies within the medical device and manufacturing engineering sectors.
Member companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of First Polymer Training Skillnet is to support the growth of Ireland’s polymer processors and forms an integral part of the sector. The network continues to forge strong and lasting relationships, working as a partner to industry and strives to empower employers to be competitive in global markets; while facilitating the ongoing upskilling and Learning and Development of their employees.
First Polymer Training Skillnet is promoted by Polymer Technology Ireland, an Ibec business association. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the polymer processing, medical device and manufacturing engineering sectors in the republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Strategic programmes that enhance business innovation and sectoral competitiveness
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Leadership programmes for business owners and executives
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events