Farm Business Skillnet is a business network of farm businesses and smallholders in the agri sector.Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to enhance farm productivity and efficiency through the provision of relevant, practical training on behalf of Ireland’s farming community.
Farm Business Skillnet is promoted by the Irish Farmers’ Association (IFA).
Membership of the network is open to micro and small businesses in the agricultural sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Businesses
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, teamwork, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events