Dundalk Chamber Skillnet is a multi-sector learning network for companies of all sizes in Dundalk and the North East.
Member companies work collaboratively to respond locally to skills needs within their businesses. The network supports regional development by helping local businesses to arrive at shared local solutions that are more accessible, more affordable and ultimately, more effective at meeting their needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs across multiple sectors.
The aim of the network is to support a culture of continuous learning in network member companies by providing tailor made training interventions that are enterprise led. By undertaking regular training needs analysis, the Skillnet can allow network members the opportunity to input into the programme design, duration and certification as well as location and dates of delivery.
Dundalk Chamber Skillnet is promoted by Dundalk Chamber of Commerce. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the Greater Dundalk Area and North East Region.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of businesses in the region
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the region
• Conferences, seminars and other informal learning and networking events