Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes, including freelancers, in the creative and cultural ecosystem in Ireland. Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet designs, develops and delivers responsive, bespoke, flexible and relevant skills and talent development programmes to address the ongoing needs of the cultural & creative sectors. This network was established in January 2023 as a consolidation and expansion of three existing Skillnet networks (Animation Skillnet, Screen Skillnet and Immersive Technologies Skillnet).
The objective of this national network is to support the growth of Ireland’s animation, visual effects, games, film, TV, documentary, post-production, immersive technologies, AR/VR, virtual production, digital media, entertainment events, music, theatre and visual arts sectors, through the provision of bespoke training and professional networking events.
Membership of the network is free and open to private-enterprise and freelancers based in the Republic of Ireland.
Cultural & Creative Industries Skillnet is promoted by Furthr (formerly known as Dublin Business Innovation Centre).
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address current and future skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Flexible training and education programmes customised to the needs of the sector
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Leadership programmes for business owners and executives
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events