Connected Health Skillnet is a multi sector business network established to address the current and future skills needs arising from the convergence of the medtech, pharma, ICT and software sectors in the field of connected health. We deliver high quality, cost effective training and networking opportunities to support innovation and encourage collaboration between these sectors.
This national network supports companies of all sizes who are currently engaged in or planning to become engaged in connected activity– whether adding connectivity to current products and services or developing new connected health/smart products and services etc. Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to drive enterprise-led solutions to their business and skills needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills requirements at a time and place to suit business needs and shift patterns.
Ireland is already globally recognised as having ecosystems of excellence in technology, medtech and pharma. Our aim is to enhance Ireland as a location of choice for the development of innovative connected health solutions and business that deliver better patient outcomes and a more efficient healthcare system. We do this through the delivery of niche training, upskilling and cross-sectoral networking opportunities for member companies.
Connected Health Skillnet is promoted by Ibec and operates in collaboration with Irish Medtech Association, Biopharmachem Ireland and Technology Ireland. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
- Cost effective and high-quality training
- Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
- Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
- Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
- Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
- Innovative new programme design and development
- Programmes for current and future leaders
- Certified and non-certified technical training
- Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
- Access to a network of businesses within the sector
- Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events