Rural Food Skillnet is a learning network for companies of all sizes in the food and hospitality sector Nationwide.
Member companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to their business and skills needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this network is to support the regional growth of Ireland’s food and hospitality sector, by enhancing specialised skills and knowledge, broadening access to skills development opportunities and encouraging ongoing professional development.
Rural Food Skillnet is promoted by Rural Food Company Training Network. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the food and hospitality sector Nationwide.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, teamwork, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events