Rural Enterprise Skillnet is a multi sector business network for companies of all sizes in the North West.
Network companies work collaboratively to respond locally to skills needs within their businesses. The network supports regional development by helping local businesses to arrive at shared local solutions that are more accessible, more affordable and ultimately, more effective at meeting their needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs across multiple sectors.
The objective of the network is to support member companies to grow through the provision of relevant and flexible training. The network supports several sectors including agribusiness, forestry, construction, hospitality, retail and indigenous rural businesses located in the North West.
Rural Enterprise Skillnet is promoted by MED Rural Development Company Ltd. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the North West region and nationally. Training is mainly delivered in County Donegal and surrounding counties.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of businesses in the region
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the region
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events