Learning Waves Skillnet is a business network for companies of all sizes in the independent radio sector.
Network companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to their business and skills needs. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to support the growth of Ireland’s independent radio sector by enhancing specialised skills and knowledge within the sector, broadening access to skills development opportunities and encouraging ongoing professional development. The network provides cutting edge training for speech-based, specialist music and youth-orientated radio stations.
Learning Waves Skillnet is promoted by LMFM. Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the independent radio sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events