Chef Network Skillnet is a learning network for companies of all sizes in the food sector.
Member companies work collaboratively to share best practice and to respond effectively to the specific skills needs of the sector. The network addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of members.
The objective of this national network is to expand the knowledge and skills base of chefs within the industry in Ireland and support career progression through the provision of flexible, practical and up-to-date training.
Chef Network Skillnet is promoted by the Irish Foodservice Suppliers Alliance (IFSA). Membership of the network is open to private enterprises in the food sector based in the Republic of Ireland.
Supports to Network Member Companies
• Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
• Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
• Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of the sector
• Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
• Innovative new programme design and development
• Programmes for current and future leaders
• Certified and non-certified technical training
• Training relating to communication, problem-solving and other core skills
• Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
• Access to a network of businesses within the sector
• Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events