Skillnet Ireland networks focus their activities specifically in areas where skills deficits have been highlighted by enterprise and that offer the best career progression opportunities for our learners.
If you are an employee, training provided through Skillnet Ireland will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Enhance existing skills or acquire new skills
- Attend training that is needed by, and relevant to, your company but also wider industry
- Open-up career progression and development paths
- Achieve new, relevant work qualifications
- Attend training at no cost, as costs are paid by your company and Skillnet Ireland
- Benefit from shared knowledge and networking by training with employees from other companies
How do I avail of training?
In the first instance, you may wish to make an inquiry within your company to establish if it is an existing Skillnet Learning Network member. If your company wishes to join a Skillnet Learning Network, so that you can avail of training, your company should contact the most relevant Network for your sector or region. In most cases, there is no cost associated with joining a Skillnet Learning Network.
As Skillnet Ireland is mandated to support private sector enterprise, the following categories cannot become member companies of a Skillnet Learning Network:
- Public sector organisations
- Charity or not-for-profit organisations
- Companies based outside the Republic of Ireland